If you’re reading this, there’s a good chance that I’ve spammed the hell out of your favorite blog/forum/social network/subway station/bar mitzvah. Thanks for proving the value of shameless self-promotion! There’s also a good chance that you ID as butch, femme, stud, boi, AG, lesbian, gay, bi, queer, trans or a straight supporter of the gays. (Or maybe you were just looking for porn. Sorry buddy, but no dice; I recommend you try the other 5,789,048 sites that pop up when you search for “bustiers.”) Whatever your flavor, I’d like to welcome you to Buzz Cuts and Bustiers, a blog dedicated to the discussion of all things related to butch-femme lesbian culture.
So what exactly do we plan to do here? Glad you asked. The following is our Mission Statement (presented in an easy-to-read numbered list):
- To discuss issues affecting today’s butches and femmes, including politics, social justice, media representation, literature, fashion, music, and daily life
- To provide a safe-space to explore, question and disassemble the dichotomy of butch-femme and what these identities mean separately and together
- To share the butch-femme perspectives of writers from a wide range of gender identities, sexual orientations, ages, races, ethnicities, and geographical locations
- To offer readers the opportunity to share their own experiences through commentary and guest posts
- To become a resource and supportive community for butches and femmes of all backgrounds
Sound good? I think so, but I’m a bit biased. What do you think? What would you like to see on this site? Or better yet, what would you like to write for this site? We’re accepting suggestions and guest post submissions now and forever, so don’t be shy. The thing about a community is that it needs people to exist; let’s work together to make this the best little butch-femme virtual community it can be. Thanks, and I look forward to meeting you all.